Sree Kanteerava Narasimharaja Sports Club
There was a Jockey Club in existence, but since The Maharaja saw the need for the club to commonly of the Indian Gentry with expatriate population, He decided The Sports Club would the grander design of Jockey Club. Nevertheless one can still dis earn that horse racing was a major activity in Mysore during those times.
J.T Turner was in 1933. Elected the first, president and one C.S. Kupuswamy Iyengar, The Vice President and Nabhi Khan and R.N Mizra the first Hon. Secretaries. For the most part, the elected officials belonged to the civil services Or Were attached to Maharaja, in some function or the other.
This was the pattern till 1952 when a gentleman called Farrokh Irani came on the scene he became Vice President of the club in 1955, the president in 1956and till he voluntarily gave up the president’s office in 1984, he guided the club’s destiny with great success. His personal rapport with the Maharajah, H.H Sri Jayachamaraja Wadiyar, facilitated the gifting 1959, the silver jubilee of these 3.5 acres of land with the beautiful building to the sports club, with great grandeur was organized by Irani. Under his stewardship, the club professed appreciably. The old block of the cottage was purchased in 1960 and in 1972 that entire portion; from the club portico to the main boulevard was acquired in 1978. He constructed and gifted the Yezdi bar building to the club. In1979 two blocks of cottages were constructed and in 1982, the community hall, which today house the shuttle badminton court of International standard.
His Highness Sri Maharaja Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar